Ordinances and Permits

For questions on land divisions or new driveway access in the town or have any questions regarding the need to obtain approval or a permit.


Dick Nolden
Town Clerk
For questions regarding the need for a building permit from the Town.


Tracy Johnson
Building Inspector

For questions regarding the need of a County permit.


Sauk County Department of Land Resources and Environment 
Phone: 608-355-3245
Website: https://www.co.sauk.wi.us/cpz



For information or questions regarding permits in the Extra Territorial Zoning Districts 

click here :    ETZ district information

Commercial Agricultural Vehicle Permits

As farm equipment has become larger and heavier there have been increasing concerns on the safety and damage to our roadways. Heavy loads have been shown to accelerate the deterioration of roadways leading to additional road expenses for maintenance and repair. In order to address this issue town, county, and state transportation officials have been meeting with the state legislature, agricultural industry, and equipment manufactures to develop a comprehensive way of addressing this issue. Sauk County and local towns have now developed new regulations to address the larger equipment. The weight limit on roads has been increased from 80,000 pounds to 92,000 pounds. Any equipment that is over 92,000 pounds must apply for and be granted a permit. On town roads, permits applications can be obtained from the town clerk, Dick Nolden, at 544-2406.